The Back Roads of Digital Transformation: Connectivity and Data
A digital transformation is happening. What does this mean? According to TechTarget, Digital Transformation is the reinvention of an organization through the use of technology to improve the way it performs and serves its clients. What’s occurring is that companies are realizing they need to rethink their approach by leveraging technology innovations that put their customers at the center focus of the company’s goals. While each business will have a different look to their digital transformation depending on where that business is headed, the user experience and customer journey should be enhanced by using new digital capabilities.
Why Start a Digital Transformation Journey?
It may seem obvious that what’s driving this enterprise digital transformation is evolving customer needs and expectations fueled by technology innovation. And who could blame the typical user for expecting technology at work to move as quickly as it does at home or on our smart phones? The job of an IT department is to evolve the business toward digital readiness which can also adapt and work with ever-changing new digital capabilities. In the end, a business can only benefit from a digital transformation with a drive up in revenue and reduced costs.
Connectivity and Data
McKinsey &Company have discovered that data and connectivity are involved in every notable digital innovation. It seems obvious that collecting data is key, and connectivity is usually necessary for data collection. Data regarding the behavior of your products and their usage are one place you can derive business benefits. Your business can gain value using data collection together with analytics. Data can help in deciding to develop new product and services, can improve the company process efficiencies, or produce business intelligence to help in forecasting.
It was with these points above in mind that ALE, operating under the Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise brand, explored, created and delivered the Connected Products and Big Data Initiative. This program enables our company to connect IT with data, processes and people to improve internal efficiency, while strengthening customer and channel partner relationships, and deliver new business models.
ALE has made it a priority to enable and deliver connected products and we have enhanced our portfolio of networking and communications infrastructure products and internal IS/IT systems to automatically deliver relevant product and usage information to a cloud-based data lake. It is this program which recently gained ALE recognition as a recipient of the 2017 Digital Edge 50 Award.
The annual Digital Edge awards, co-sponsored by CIO and Computerworld, recognize digital initiatives driving customer engagement, higher sales conversions and new products, as well as revenue and profit growth.
- ALE has piloted three analytics based solutions with customers creating real-time proactive maintenance detection, and asset and system resources inventory reports to help track service.
- ALE created a networking infrastructure pay-per-use model with the Network on Demand solution, a first of its kind on the market to share the risk of investment with the customer.
- New insights enable Channel Partners to provide remote maintenance via connected ALE products and the data they deliver, resulting in savings of time and operational maintenance from Partners’ support staff.
- ProActive Lifecycle Management helps minimize risk to the network due to outdated operating system, end of support hardware, and service contracts. As a cloud-based service application, Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise Business Partners and customers are able to see Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise switches and controllers on a customer’s network through a single, secure web portal
- A management bird’s eye view also support Channel Partners’ OmniPCX® Office installed based to quickly recognize maintenance needs, inventory and upsell opportunities.
Oh what a feeling
As a result, by connecting digital infrastructure and the data extracted from it, we are leveraging new insights to deliver more informed business solutions and models that support our ALE partners’ and customers’ digital business needs – essentially helping them make their digital transformation. And it has provided us insights to deliver more informed business solutions and models that support our partners’ and customers’ digital business needs.